Saturday, January 9, 2010

Elements Compass - Water




This was a real colaborative effort. The design was brought to me and I worked on it for a while to get it to what I thought and the original design thought was a reletively nice design. I submitted it to the mint and got artwork back. I was just not 100% on the design and so I took it to one of my favorite designers and she took it to the next level and in doing so I am goign to make a 4 coin set, this being the first of the set. I hope to release one of these everyother month or so until all 4 are made. The enamel colors on the front will change with each and the die for the back will change also.

The front design incorporates the 4 elements as a number of other coins have done. I think the design is where this coin stand out. The details under the translucent enamel for each of the designs is very original and unique.

The back design take the "Water" elements and creates a small compass rose with a similar design to the front fanning out from there. Teh Shark and the fins in the rippilling water add nice effect.

Size: 45mm x 3.5mm thick
Editions: Antique Silver, Antique Gold, Gold, Silver

AE - Still to be determined
Designed By: BrierPatch and Jackalgirl
Trackable: www.geocaching.com
Icon: *If we reach 250 in sales, there will be a unique icon.

No comments: